Will You Raise Your Hand to Stop Diabetes?

Today kicks off American Diabetes Month, a time dedicated to raising awareness about how diabetes affects the lives of millions of Americans. And, this year we are thrilled to launch our boldest, most extensive program ever!

We’re asking people to “Raise their Hand to Stop Diabetes” by making a personal pledge to take action against this deadly disease. Throughout the month, we’ll spotlight individuals and programs making valuable contributions in the fight to Stop Diabetes. From outspoken advocates and community leaders to medical professionals and celebrities who battle the disease every day, be sure to visit our Facebook page daily for their stories of triumph and perseverance.

We’re also proud and excited this year to have the support of Larry King, professional quarterback Jay Cutler and football analyst Herm Edwards. Each will share their experiences about living with diabetes– look for their personal stories and more on our YouTube channel.

There is so much that can be done in the fight to Stop Diabetes, and this month we urge you to take the small step of raising your hand to pledge action. Don’t forget to check back each day in November to learn more!

This entry was posted in About Us, American Diabetes Month and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Will You Raise Your Hand to Stop Diabetes?

1. Albert Nickerson says:

Diabetes can be defeated if we all fight as one.

2. I am making a personal pledge to take action against this deadly disease.

3. Nina says:

I have shared the opportunity to take the pledge on Facebook. I plan to continue keeping my state and federal legislators aware and informed of the need to continue and increase funding support for research and treatment. Whenever I am able to do so, I will contribute to the cause.

4. Tina Bouma says:

I am a type 1 since 2008 insulin pump wearer since 2010.
    I am frustrated by the lack of public awareness for Diabetes! There is so much Pink out there but NO, NONE RED items!
    There is so so much Breast Cancer but nothing for diabetes! This needs to be changed if diabetes is such silent killer as stated by the ADA. How can this change for us, maybe if there was more ” pink awareness” like breastCA has, there could be more funds raised for us Diabetics.
    ADA please help us all in promoting this new awareness!
    Thank You.

5. Lourdes Morato says:

Teaching at home, at school and also in media our kids and teens how to choose “safe ” food to keep healthy weight will reduce DM2 prevalence in the near future!

6. Mike Hoskins says:

Thanks for writing this. I’ll be interested to see how the Raise Your Hand campaign goes, especially with some high-profile folks such as Larry King and Jay Cutler helping to advocate.

7. pat says:

Hi, I have been a diabetic for 17 years’, and it is very discouraging not to get the publicity that we deserve , our job is 24 hours a day. No One realizes this, most people just think that you should not eat sugar, But it is much more complicated that than, I Hope and Pray, That this pass’s .I wish that someone in Congress could spend one day with me, and see how complicated my life is.

8. Kayla Hernandez says:

I, Kayla Hernandez, take the pledge to stop diabetes. I have a long family history of this disease and want to help find a cure 🙂 Taking a stand as one, we will find a cure together!

9. Angela says:

I pledge the blue circle – to spread the word about diabetes. Diagnosed in 2009 – T2. It’s a constant struggle, but there is life with diabetes. I’m glad to be alive to share this. Together we aspire, together we achieve. Let’s keep this going.

10. Pingback: Work with the Pros – Week 11 American Diabetes Month, Diabetes and your Eyes | eindividualhealth.com – Health Insurance Information for Individuals, Families

11. Pingback: Home Care St Louis MO: Raise Your Hand to Stop Diabetes | Home Care St. Louis MO , Homecare St. Louis, Elder Care St. Louis